Skip to main content

10 things to ponder upon as Ramadaan ends

*10 things to ponder upon as Ramadaan ends*

read time: 2 min

It seems like yesterday that we welcomed Ramadhan. And now this mubarak month is over.

It’s time to reflect on how we spent the month.

Here are 10 things to ponder at the end of Ramadhan:

1⃣. *How have I spent Ramadhan?* Am I happy with my worship? Where can I improve? Did I sin in Ramadhan? If so which ones? The sins I couldn’t avoid in Ramadhan are probably my biggest vices given I couldn’t stop them during such a blessed time. These sins require special attention and intervention.

2⃣. *What habits have I picked up in Ramadhan?* Can I continue some of them? Fasting is the most obvious one. What about reciting Qur’an, dhikr, dua, five prayers, charity, frequenting the masjid, night time worship, watching my tongue, eating together as a family, sharing food with others, seeking out good content online, etc etc? Guess what? None of these are exclusive to Ramadhan. Let’s pick a few and continue on them afterwards.

3⃣. *What have I cut down on?* Obviously food… But what else? TV or screen time in general, smoking, swearing, backbiting, arguing etc? How does it feel? Wouldn’t it be great if this could continue?

4⃣. *What have I realised is lacking in my learning?* Perhaps I don’t know how to pray properly, I don’t read Qur’an well, I don’t know what the Qur’an says, I don’t know many basic duas, I know very little about my Prophet’s life. Whatever your gaps in knowledge, you can fill them by reading good books or taking courses.

5⃣. *What about my children’s learning?* Are they going to a good Islamic supplementary school? Do they recite Qur’an well, have good knowledge of Islam, seem keen on religion? Or are they somewhat indifferent? Ramadhan is a good time to think about the whole family’s religiosity and think about solutions.

6⃣. *How am I towards my parents?* Ill conduct towards parents is one of the worst of the major sins. According to a hadith, Allah Ta'ala punishes such people in the dunya. We must be attentive to them and make sure we are good to them. We don’t have to give in to unjust demands but there is no excuse for neglect and bad behaviour towards them.

7⃣. *Are there any other relationships I need to mend?* It’s not too late. Reach out now. Mending relationships is spiritually and emotionally enriching, and breaking family ties is a sin. And don’t forget your neighbours.

8⃣. *What about company?* Do my friends bring me closer to deen or distance me from deen. Its something to think about. After all, ‘a man is upon the religion of his friend.’ A friend who turns you away from Allah Ta'ala is a friend you do not need.

9⃣. *Set a few post Ramadhan resolutions.* This is the best month of the year, and the best time to change and stay changed. Make those resolutions now.

🔟. *What had I planned for Eid?* If I committed any sin on Eid day, then what does it say about my Ramadhan? What I do immediately after Ramadhan is either a sign that my Ramadhan is accepted or a sign that Ramadhan was rejected. What is sinning on eid day a sign of?

It’s time to think, evaluate and plan ahead. Let’s step into Shawaal a changed person. In-sha-Allah

*"And keep reminding, because reminding benefits the believers."*(51:55)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVE CHARITY FOR YOUR OWN GOOD

 DAILY ISLAMIC REMINDERS. Yawm Ath-thalaatha. 28th day of Shaw'waal, 1445AH (Tuesday 7th May 2024). *_GIVE CHARITY FOR YOUR OWN GOOD_*. Aameen.  Narrated Abu Hurairah [radhi-yAllahu 'anhu]: The Prophet (SallallahuAlaihiWasallam) said, "Charity is obligatory everyday on every joint of a human being.* If one helps a person in matters concerning his riding animal by helping him to ride on it or by lifting his luggage on to it, all these will be regarded as charity. A good word, and every step one takes to offer the compulsory congregational prayer is regarded as charity; and guiding somebody on the road is regarded as charity." [Sahih Al-Bukhari, 4/2891]. To show gratitude to ALLAH for keeping your body safe and sound, you should give in charity or do charitable deeds. Narrated Abu Hurairah [radhi-yAllahu 'anhu]: ALLAH'S Messenger (sallallahuAlaihiWasallam) said, "The strong is not the one who overcomes the people by his strength, but the strong is the one w

ISTIKHĀRA: HOW & WHY

Istikhāra (Seeking Goodness) : To seek blessings & guidance from Allāh ﷻ for a decision 1Make Intention for Istikhāra 2Pray 2 Rakaʿāt of Prayer 3Recite the duʿāʾ of istikhāra and mention your need Duʿāʾ al-Istikhāra اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْتَخِيرُكَ بِعِلْمِكَ وَأَسْتَقْدِرُكَ بِقُدْرَتِكَ، وَأَسْأَلُكَ مِنْ فَضْلِكَ الْعَظِيمِ، فَإِنَّكَ تَقْدِرُ وَلاَ أَقْدِرُ وَتَعْلَمُ وَلاَ أَعْلَمُ وَأَنْتَ عَلاَّمُ الْغُيُوبِ، اللَّهُمَّ إِنْ كُنْتَ تَعْلَمُ أَنَّ هَذَاالأَمْرَ ‭[mention decision here]‬ خَيْرٌ لِي فِي دِينِي وَمَعَاشِي وَعَاقِبَةِ أَمْرِي فَاقْدُرْهُ لِي وَيَسِّرْهُ لِي ثُمَّ بَارِكْ لِي فِيهِ، وَإِنْ كُنْتَ تَعْلَمُ أَنَّ هَذَا الأَمْرَ شَرٌّ لِي فِي دِينِي وَمَعَاشِي وَعَاقِبَةِ أَمْرِي فَاصْرِفْهُ عَنِّي وَاصْرِفْنِي عَنْهُ، وَاقْدُرْ لِي الْخَيْرَ حَيْثُ كَانَ ثُمَّ أَرْضِنِي بِهِ Transliteration / Audio English Translation Dear God, I’m asking You for goodness through Your [Infinite] Knowledge, and I’m asking You for strength through Your Divine Ability, an

NOTHING HAPPENS WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF ALLAH

 DAILY ISLAMIC REMINDERS. Yawm Arba'a. 29th day of Shaw'waal, 1445AH (Wednesday 8th May 2024). *_NOTHING HAPPENS WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF ALLAH_*. BismilLah.  Even though feelings of Panic, stress/worries etc are part of life, they must not reduce our acts of worship or trust in ALLAH. The more a man turns to ALLAH and focuses on HIM, the more he will feel a sense of peace and comfort, to an extent that no one knows except ALLAH. Hence those who know ALLAH, are close to HIM and fear HIM are the happiest of people, to such an extent that one of them said, in a well-known expression: “If the kings and the sons of kings knew what joy we have, they would fight us for it with the sword.” This is also what is expressed in the Qur’an, as ALLAH says: “Whoever works righteousness, whether male or female, while he (or she) is a true believer (of Islamic Monotheism) verily, to him ALLAH will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision), and ALLAH will p