CAN YOU WIN THE WAR?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Every single night, something amazing happens above you.
Allah (SWT) descends to the lowest heaven in a manner befitting His Majesty.
The Prophet ﷺ said:
“Our Lord descends every night to the lowest heaven when the last third of the night remains. He says: ‘Who is calling upon Me, so that I may answer him? Who is asking Me, so that I may give him? Who is seeking My forgiveness, so that I may forgive him?’”
📚 Sahih al-Bukhari 7494; Sahih Muslim 758
Think about that for a moment.
The King of Kings. The One who owns every star, every galaxy, every heartbeat.
He calls upon His servants to ask Him, seek His forgiveness and turn to Him.
And what are we doing?
Sleeping?
There is something special about standing before Allah in the stillness of the night.
You can pray Duha during the day. You can perform many voluntary acts while you are already awake and active.
But getting out of your warm bed in the middle of the night?
That requires a struggle.
A struggle against your comfort.
A struggle against your heavy eyes.
A struggle against the whispers of Shaytan:
“Sleep. You can pray tomorrow.”
“You are tired.”
“Allah will forgive you.”
But you get up anyway.
That is a victory.
Allah (SWT) praises those who leave their beds to worship Him:
“Their sides forsake their beds, to invoke their Lord in fear and hope…”
📚 Surah As-Sajdah 32:16
Their beds are comfortable, but they leave them for Allah.
Their eyes are tired, but they open them for Allah.
Their bodies want rest, but their hearts desire closeness to their Lord.
When you leave your bed for Allah, you are demonstrating that your desire to worship Him can overcome your desire for comfort.
And that is why consistency matters.
CONSISTENCY MATTERS MOST
You do not need to make your night prayer unnecessarily long.
The Prophet ﷺ said:
“The most beloved deeds to Allah are those that are most consistent, even if they are few.”
📚 Sahih al-Bukhari; Sahih Muslim
If you can regularly pray two rak'ahs, pray two.
If you are able to pray more, then pray more.
The important thing is to worship Allah sincerely and establish a practice you can maintain.
And if you miss a night because of a genuine reason, do not allow Shaytan to convince you that you should give up completely.
Come back the next night.
Then the next.
And the next.
Keep returning to Allah.
The battle is not about never falling.
The battle is about refusing to stay down.
My people,
Every night, during the last third of the night, this tremendous opportunity comes.
“Who is calling upon Me, so that I may answer him?”
Will you be among those who respond?
Will you be the one who says:
“Ya Allah, it is me.
I am here.
I am tired.
I am weak.
But I came.
Because I love You.
Because I need You.
Because I know that there is no one worthy of my worship except You.”
Or will you remain asleep?
Do not make the goal something you cannot sustain.
Start small.
Even two rak'ahs can become a beautiful nightly habit.
Pray them sincerely. Make du'a. Seek Allah's forgiveness. Then return to your rest.
It may take only a few minutes, but those few minutes can become among the most precious moments of your night.
So tonight, when your alarm rings and your bed calls you back to sleep, ask yourself:
CAN YOU WIN THE WAR?
Can you overcome your comfort for the sake of Allah?
Can you leave your bed and stand before your Lord?
Can you make those few minutes count?
Get up.
Pray.
Ask.
Seek forgiveness.
And return to Allah again and again.
May Allah make us among those who stand before Him in the darkness of the night, sincerely seeking His mercy, forgiveness and pleasure.
Ameen.
Comments
Post a Comment